Factions Reset Announcement

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by MusicReprod, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicReprod

MusicReprod Member
    Owner

Factions Reset: Friday August 5th
    Time: 4:00PM EST

(Date may be changed but highly unlikely).​

As you guys may already know, factions has been needing a reset for a while. I can say with confidence that this release coming will be the best yet. Not only have I listen to the community but I have also added many features I think will make the overall Factions experience better. We have been working on this for quite a while now and I thank you for everyone who has been patient. There will be specific advertising for Factions as well! I hope you guys like the new features/ideas that will come in to play for MineVerge!

Gamemode will be Minecraft Version 1.9.2

Worlds (All borders will be square.) :

Overworld: Custom 10k x 10k map which includes the default vanilla biomes but has a reduced amount of oceans. Most of the map will be land. The bottom of the world will be Flat Bedrock. This allows everyone to mine easier and avoids uneven bedrock formation for when you use the Infusion Pickaxe. (Improved Custom Enchant)

Nether: Regular 5k x 5k as always.

End: The end will only be used for PvP & Grinding. This is better for gameplay in the Overworld.

PvP (1.7-1.8):

Last reset, as you may know, 1.9 hit us and we were not ready.We were using very poorly designed 1.8 pvp plugin and at the time this was all we had. Luckily we have upgrade from that! PvP will now be 1.7-1.8 fully with the exception of the temporary shield that will appear when right clicking. This just replaces the old fashion method of blocking.

Features:

- Instant attacks and no sword sweeps.
    - Critical hits allowed when sprinting.
    - *Nothing pvp related from the 1.9 Combat update*

Enchantments :

All enchantments can be applied by right-clicking a crystal. Crystals are Nether Stars that contain the custom enchants below. Some can be combined on the same tool. They will be available at our store with Tier levels and will also be available in all Crates aside from Spawner Crates.
    • Antitoxin - Reduces the duration of debuffs by 10% per level with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Blazing Touch - Auto-smelts ores (makes cobblestone drop stone, netherrack drop nether brick, ironore to drop ironingot, ect). This combines with Fortune 2 and 3 by dropping up to (Fortune level + Blazing Touch level) more, applied to any pickaxe with a max crystal level of 3. There is also an option to toggle this feature by sneaking.
    • Cranial Strike - When hitting any mob or player, you have 2.5% chance per level to blind the mob / player for (1+level) seconds with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Decapitation - When killing a player you have a 2.5% chance per level to receive their head with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Frostbite - When shooting a mob / player you give them Slowness (level) for 5 seconds with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Highlander - When out of combat for at least 15 seconds you will receive Speed (level) until the next time you enter combat with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Infusion - When mining or digging, you excavate in a (level I 3x3, level II 5x5, level III 7x7) radius instead of just 1x1 with a max crystal level of 3. There is also an option to toggle this feature by sneaking.
    • Lifesteal - When hitting another player / mob you have a 2.5% chance per level to heal yourself for 10% per level of damage dealt with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Meditation - When out of combat for at least 15 seconds you will receive regeneration until the next time you enter combat with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Multishot - When shooting a bow, you shoot one extra arrow per level with a max crystal level of 2.
    • Paralyze - When hitting another mob / player, you have a 2.5% chance per level to completely stun them with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Poison - When shooting a mob / player, you give them poison (strength and duration depends on level) with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Shellshock - When you are hit, you have a 2.5% chance per level to deal (level) heart(s) to your attacker with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Staggering Blow - When hitting another mob / player, you have a 2.5% chance per level to inflict the mob / player with weakness with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Saturation - Your hunger decreases (1 + level) times slower with a max crystal level of 3.
    • Wither Aspect - When hitting another mob / player you have a 2.5% chance per level to completely wither the mob / player with a max crystal level of 3.
    Economy Updates:

Most items in the /shop will be repriced as well as spawners. More specifically Iron Golem, Creeper & Pig Zombie Spawners.

The max balance will be set to 5,000,000.

New Features:

- Grass will vanish temporarily when in combat mode.
    - Item Filters: You will be able to block certain items from entering your inventory.
    - Fix + Fixall with cooldowns to every donator.
    - /Disenchant to some ranks. (Allows to remove enchantments from a tool or weapon).
    - Custom PlayerVault plugin for donors.
    - New items in crates.
    - New voting rewards
    -
    Bug Fixes:

-
    Anvils will no longer break in Spawn (Lol took me a while)
    - Boats can no longer be placed in Warzone
    - mcMMO potion brewing
    - Potion Splash in PvP

Hope to see all you faction players there!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Snackk

Snackk Well-Known Member

I like the Frostbite Enchant, I also like the paralyze looking foward to playing!

3. Monkey

Monkey Member

Can't wait to test those enchants on Snack!

4. NoScoopPluisje

NoScoopPluisje Active Member

Hmm I might come Back, I am excited! how can we obtain those crystals? And will the kits still be daily? Because I think that once every 5 days is way better and makes sure that the high ranks wont get op that quickly

5. NoScoopPluisje

Nvm, you can get them in the store

6. Josh

Josh Active Member

You need to pay for custom enchants.... People want to be able to get them without donating.

7. MusicReprod

MusicReprod Member
    Owner

All crates means Voting as well. Pretty good chance that I will be adding the custom Token Shop too. Please read the full announcement next time.

8. Josh

Josh Active Member

I see that but I didn't think it meant vote crates as well.

9. Josh

Josh Active Member

Could you add stackable buckets please, this saves a lot of time when building a base.

10. Tastyhamburgers

Cool! Btw josh if your using water for your base just buy a stack of ice. I loved the token concept and I'm so happy to see it coming back! I might upgrade to titan idk. I hope there's more players next reset and less hackers. Also, is an anti heat gunna be added?

11. Josh

Josh Active Member

No stackable lava/water makes it easier for experienced players to build God bases. Also, the server really does need anti chest there is like none at the moment.

12. Josh

Josh Active Member

Cheat*

13. __TheDarkNight__

__TheDarkNight__ Active Member

Still dont think theres a point like theres knew stuff can we keep are stuff Please if thats possible

14. NoScoopPluisje

There is an anti-cheat I believe, it just needs an update since hacked clients now abuse the setup of the frostwalker enchants. Also maybe find one that also automatically blocks kill-aura and then reports it to the staff

15. SamSole

SamSole New Member

sounds like a great update! looks like ill be coming back for a while

16. Wise

Wise Member

I am so excited for the faction update!!! I think I might start a faction's series on my youtube channel, and with the new update MineVerge seems like a great place to have it! See ya'll soon!

17. _iRawr

_iRawr Member

Great to see you finally listen to the community, this will be for sure the best factions reset (Just because it's squared Border and Y=1 Bedrock).

Is cannoning fixed or is it still very unstable / broken?

18. MusicReprod

MusicReprod Member
    Owner

Define unstable/broken

19. xXK3Xx

xXK3Xx Member

Tnt cannons don't work on mineverge, wich makes it mostly impossible to raid on every other server they do

20. Josh

Josh Active Member

I agree tnt mechanics are kinda messed up the only cannon you can make is a 420 and lower and that's not enough to raid a god base.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.